Sunday, December 9, 2007

Reading vs Liverpool

Damn! Liverpool lost 3-1 to Reading away! I have to admit that we were outplayed by Reading. We were also denied 3 penalties by the referee. In the other matches, Ronaldo dived for a penalty and it was given. I hope the referee for the Liverpool vs Man Utd match will be more sharper than the others. Life goes on despite defeats. Never underestimate the power of underdogs! I was also horrified by Benitez's decisions to play Voronin right midfield and Crouch without proper wing support. Nevertheless he did the right thing by protection Torres, Gerrard and Carra ahead of Man Utd and Marseille.

Friday, i spent the whole afternoon watching Naruto again. Really trying to catch up with the episodes. Thenafter, i went for my A-maths tuition. Today we learnt about R-Formula. Really cheem man. I had dinner with Nicholas and i followed him home. His house was really near to a bus stop! Hehe. I slept early that night as i had to wake up early the next day. Before i slept, i was D-gray man episode 57 on tv, Arts Central! With the better resoultion, it was funny! The funniest episode.

Saturday i woke up later than expected. After i woke up, showered, i left home for lan shop. Fortunately the 81 arrived in time and i was saved! The lan shop nearly froze me to death, real cold there... The zakum failed! Damn! Too many members disconnected and died. I died due to the lack of potions! I learnt a valuble lesson too, to bring more potions -_-" I went home after lunch and i saw Singapore drawing with Malaysia to bring us into the SEA Games semi-finals! Hooray! Then i took a nap as the Reading Liverpool match was 1.10am. I woke up, at 8+ and had dinner, and then watched Naruto again, really no life, but i plan to do homework next monday. I watched the match, Liverpool lost, was really disappointed and lost for words... Couldnt really sleep then.

Today i woke up at 11am.... Then the rest of my family went Malaysia to shop while i had to stay home as i have tuition later from 4 to 7pm, really sucks man, Sec 4...

"Ryan Babel has today set himself a target of hitting at least ten Premier League goals before the end of his first season in English football. "
5 Goals now and 3 in the League, sure to achieve double digits in his virgin season, cant wait to see how he perform in his second. Really a young and exciting player.

"ANDRIY VORONIN believes Liverpool’s increasing firepower can help them close the gap on leaders Arsenal.
The Gunners have earned plentiful plaudits for their free-scoring ways this season, having scored 54 goals in 24 games in all competitions after their trip to St James’ Park.
However, after rediscovering their goal-scoring form in recent weeks Liverpool have now netted 51 times in 23 matches.
By comparison, champions Manchester United have scored 39 times in 22 games and Chelsea have 40 in 23. "
This was after the Newcastle match and before Saturday's matches. Even after Saturday's matches, Man Utd still cant catch up with Liverpool! Even Liverpool & Arsenal won with bigger margins against Derby at home! This will be a boost for us. Voronin sucks. Lousy pace.

"Steven Gerrard believes the combination of lethal finishing and hard work has made Fernando Torres one of the most ’frightening’ strikers in the Premier League. "
I dont think Torres is that frightening after the Reading match, but he'll use the Marseille and Man Utd match to make up for his mistakes, definitely.

"Danny Guthrie is still dreaming of becoming a Liverpool regular despite speculation that his loan to Bolton may become permanent. "
20-years-old and already impressing, keep him Rafa, dont sell him, he might be our next Stevie G! I hope he stays!

"Rafael Benitez today spoke of his confidence that Javier Mascherano will stay at Anfield on a permanent basis.
Mascherano's eighteen month loan deal expires at the end of the season, after which Benitez is hoping the Argentinian international will continue to be a Liverpool player. "
I hope Maschy stays too! But for a reportly 17million pounds is abit too much for me... Just 9million behind Torres only, but oh well, penny for penny is worth it, i think.

"Dirk Kuyt has spoken of his ambition to dedicate a trophy to his late father this season.
The Dutchman's dad, Gerrit, died of cancer in the summer after years of watching his son week in, week out. "
Sad. I hope we can really win trophies this season. FA Cup is the most hopeful now. Champions League hopes in doubts, 7 points adrift Arsenal with 24 games to go, Carling Cup match up against Chelsea, if we can win our next 3, Carling, UCL, and League, we'll definitely be contenders.

"Rafa Benitez claims he’d have no doubts about selecting Fernando Torres for what is likely to be a physical clash with Reading this weekend despite having massive games against Marseille and Man Utd just around the corner."
I hope he can play against all 3, Marseille, Man Utd and Chelsea. If he plays, our chances of winning increases! Despite a 1-month break, im confident he will play.

"Rafael Benitez insists he won’t have one eye on the crunch clash in Marseille next week when selecting his side to face Reading tonight."
He said this before the match, but he did rest players like Hyypia, Benayoun, Babel & Kewell. Crucial players in our midfield and defence, making it lack experience in which lost us the game....

"Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has hinted he is ready to add Fernando Torres to the small group of players not affected by his rotation policy. "
YEAH YEAH YEAH! I WANNA SEE HIM JOIN STEVIE, CARRA, REINA! If so, 1 from midfield, defence, goalkeeping and forward will be a untouchable! :D

"Rafa Benitez blamed a combination of poor refereeing and missed opportunities as Liverpool slumped to their first Premier League defeat of the season at Reading. "
I agree. ): Although the better side lost, it was the referee and us who was to blame. Reading took their chances fully while we only took 1. The referee denied us all 3 fully deserved penalties and im expecting to see an apology on the newspapers over the next few days!

Thats all folks! Wilson reporting from Singapore! Tomorrow evening reporting again!

No comments: